Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Can I be Your Soldier...

by Danny Dork

Lost and alone of the battlefield of love
With no way to shield yourself from the pain
Falling down again and again,
Surrounded by fire, wishing for rain.

Living life trapped in the depths of your mind,
with an iron case surrounding your heart.
Not being able to trust in anyone,
for to many times you've been ripped apart.

But....Can I be you soldier?
Rescuing you from all your pain,
carrying you off the battlefield,
through the fire and after the rain.

Tending to each emotional wound,
while dusting off that old iron case.
Making right all the wrong that was done to you,
putting that quality glow back in your face.

All these words I say to you,
Might not come as a surprise.
Because of all the other guys
that came in your life,
telling you nothing but lies.

I can't tell you to trust me,
with all you've been through.
But everything I say here,
I say because I truly love you!

No comments: